We had a wonderful Easter this year!! I hate to sound like every other year wasn't good, but last year my grandmother was in and out of the hospital from surgery due to a blockage in her colon the size of a baseball. Will was just five months old so he couldn't actually "hunt" eggs so we (Cory, Will and I) just chilled at home last year.
Since we didn't color eggs last year because Will was so young, I definitley wanted to do it this year. While Cory, Zack and Bruce were riding motorcycles, me, Will, Dena and Lauren went to Wal-Mart to get some things and I decided to get some eggs to color before we went home. Well Will is usually always great in Wal-Mart. When I do our weekly grocery shopping on Sunday, he always goes with me and never gives me any trouble. Well I decided instead of letting him sit in the front part of the buggy, I would let him sit in the back. Well he was ok with that at first, but then he wanted out of the buggy completely. So since there was three of us I let him out to walk around. He decided that he wanted to push the buggy so he "helps" me push it down several isles. We got to one of the last isles and he stops pushing, turns around and pushes me away and says "STOP MAMA!!!!". I was like Will I have to help you guide the buggy, so I kept on helping and he continued to push and yell at me. He had me laughing so hard I could barely breath. I'm not sure where this little attitude came from, but it sure was funny that night. He is also very friendly and has to tell everyone "HEY!!" so after we check out he is still helping me push the buggy. He stops, runs over to this little old woman, pulls on her pants and says "HEY!!!" Of course the woman was nice back to him, but I was so shocked that he just ran up to her. Needless to say I think I will be doing my grocery shopping during my lunch while he is at Granny Pam's!! We eventually made it back to Dena's and colored a dozen eggs. Will enjoyed dropping in the water so he could see the splash!
Dropping them in!
The finished product!
The Easter Bunny did make an appearance at our house Saturday night. He left Will with a T-Ball Set, Cars 2 DVD, a Potty Book, a Rash Guard for our beach trip in May, a Dinosaur shirt, some Cars Pajamas, a small toy Tractor and some candy. He also put some Goldfish in the Easter Eggs and Will accidentially opened one up and looked at me like "Can I eat these mama??" and of course he did!
The Easter Bunny Goodies!
Trying his best to get into the egg.
Finally!!
Trying out his T-Ball Set
This year we decided to have a little family gathering at Dena's house (Will's Mimi & Pop Pop's). We cooked out on the grill (well Zack grilled), hunted some eggs and then relaxed a little. I have to say, Will LOVED hunting eggs. Before we ate Zack went and hid all of the eggs for Will and after eating homemade ice cream and peach cobbler we all went outside to take some pictures and watch Will hunt eggs. It's been years since we have hunted eggs in my family. My sister, Jordan, is fifteen and the youngest so I would say it's been at least four or five years since we hunted last. Needless to say everybody enjoyed watching/helping Will hunt eggs and he loved all the attention since he was the only one hunting. He would pick up an egg then walk away with eggs dropping out of his basket. Once he would turn around and see he was dropping them he would go back and pick them up again.
my family
my boys
my mama (yah-yah)
my sister (JoJo) and mama
sis
After we ate we all went down to the basement and sat outside and watched Nana "baby" her plants that had been in Dena's basement for the winter. We enjoyed sitting around and just talking. Will spotted the lawnmower and insisted on Zack Zack taking him for a ride. He rode him around on it for about thirty minutes and every time they came around you could tell Will's eyes were getting heavier and heavier. He then eventually fell asleep so Zack turned it off and set with him on it for a while.
Zack Zack and Will
Around 6, Nana and Mama decided to leave and Nana was going to take some of her plants with her. She asked Mama, Lauren and Jordan to help take them to her car. Now keep in mine Mama was wearing a dress a high heel shoes which she NEVER does. So she is the first to go up her stairs and she gets to the top and we here a loud "boom" and we get up to look and Mama has tripped and fell at the top step. I could hear her laughing so then I knew she was ok and that it was ok for me laugh. We laughed for a while, even after she left we laughed some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment