Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Weekend Rewind

Little Moments Like This

I'm linking up with Tami over at Little Moments Like This for her first ever Weekend Rewind!

We had a great, but way to quick weekend!! On Friday I took Will to his 18 month check up (you can read about that here) and afterwards we went downtown and shopped a little. I was looking for me some red or navy wedge heels to match a dress that I bought last week and I wanted some flip flops. We first went into Paula's on Broad Street and I couldn't find any wedges but I found some Bob's that I loved! They were $46 and I knew that Tom's weren't much more than that so I decided to wait and see if I could find some Tom's. Then we went to Honeymoon Bakery and I got two mini cupcakes, one for Will and one for me. The one I picked out for Will was decorated for a child, but I didn't think about it until it was too late that I shouldn't have given him one with black icing. It was EVERYWHERE, but they were delicious and Will enjoyed every last bite!



I didn't think to bring in wipes or a bib so I was wetting napkins with my water and cleaning us both off. After we got cleaned up from the cupcakes we went over to TJMaxx. Will kept trying to climb out of the front part of the buggy so I put him in the back of it, but he still just wanted out. I ended up getting Cory something else for his Birthday, me some sunglasses and Will got two toys since he was good at the doctor.


This was once I put the wild child in the back!

After that we went to Blue Sky Outfitters to look for me some flip flops. I found some Tom's just like the Bob's I found at Paula's but they didn't have my size. The only thing I didn't like about them was the string that goes around them is red?? Which stands out too much for me. I couldn't find any flip flops so we headed home!

I had some hamburger meat that I had to cook so I cooked some hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill while Cory and Will washed the motorcycle. Will ended up soaking his clothes so I just let him run around in his diaper and shoes.

On Saturday, we took Will to Nana's and me and Cory (along with 11 other bikes) road motorcycles all day long! It was fun, but I missed boog way more than normal! We went back through Gadsden to Noccalula Falls, then through DeSoto Park, then to Cloudland Canyon to watch the hang gliders, then we ended up in Chattanooga before we headed back home. It was a nice, but LONG ride. Thankfully we took several breaks throughout the day.


Noccalula Falls


DeSoto State Park


Cloudland Canyon


After we got back into town we went straight to get boog and went and ate at the Border. He had a wonderful time with Nana. She said that they stayed outside most of the day and that he got so hot that she just let him run around in his diaper.

This weekend was our town's annual Art's Festival. Nana took Will on Saturday, but we wanted to go back on Sunday. It didn't start till 12 so after Will took his morning nap we started getting ready.

I found Will wearing his dae dae's hat sideways while we were getting ready! Silly boy!

We walked through the festival, but mostly just went to eat =) it's our favorite thing to do! While we were eating there was a guy that was doing train rides so after we finished I took Will for a ride.

Ready to ride!




loving it!


love his face!!


We went home and napped for quite a while which felt pretty darn good!! Me and Will just went and got Sonic for supper and went to Wal-Mart. By the time we got home it was bath and bed time for us!! After Boog went to sleep we watched Desperate Housewives, so sad that it's almost over=(

Hope everybody else had a good weekend and a good week!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin!
    Just wanted to let you know you won the Oreck giveaway on my blog! I can't find an email address for you so I hope you see this comment. Please email me at sjg_ou at yahoo.com within 72 hours to claim your prize. Thanks! And cute pictures...your son is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that you guys ride a motorcycle. Jesse and I both had bikes a few years ago and we had so much fun riding all over North Carolina. It is the most amazing feeling, isn't it? So glad you guys had a good weekend and thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We LOVE riding! This is like our 4th or 5th bike since we have been married.It is the most amazing feeling while your riding! I don't think I could ever ride one by myself though, so kuddos to you!! I'm glad you started the link-up =)

      Delete
  3. sounds like a busy but great weekend!

    ReplyDelete